From school drop off and pick up, to shuttling the kids to weekend soccer games or track meets, and hopping in the car for impromptu road trips to Yosemite or Disneyland, we spend much of our time in our cars (in fact, sometimes it feels like we’re living out of our cars!). On those busy days, there’s no need to even leave your car for dinner. Think of our list of the top drive thru restaurants in San Joaquin County as your go-to guide when you need a meal or snack on the go.
- In-N-Out Burger - Grab a freshly grilled burger, golden fries, and a creamy milkshake for lunch or a late night snack. Don’t forget the not-so-secret menu, with popular offerings like the Animal Style burger with extra spread, grilled onions, and mustard fried onto each patty.
- Starbucks - Fuel your days (and nights!) with a triple shot of espresso or an icy cold blended caramel Frappuccino. While you’re at it, grab a bistro box for lunch on the go—gourmet offerings include a cheese and fruit platter, or a Thai-style peanut chicken wrap.
- SONIC Drive-In - Pick up a fresh grilled burger, a decked out hot dog, or a side of honey BBQ wings for dinner on the go. And here’s a tip: grab the whole family and head to SONIC on Tuesday nights for half-price cheeseburgers during ‘Family Night’ (from 5 PM to closing).
- Alberto’s Mexican Food - Fuel your Saturday morning with a breakfast burrito (open daily at 6 AM), or pick up an order of carne asada or shrimp tacos for your Taco Tuesday dinner.
- East Main Drive in - Stop by this classic Stockton drive in for a cheeseburger, milkshake, and crinkle cut fries or onion rings.
- Midnight at Burnie’s Drive-Up - For a late night treat, stop by for a milkshake (flavors include Fruity Pebbles and Lucky Charm) or root beer float. If you’re craving a more substantial bite, don’t miss the sliders or breakfast chicken sandwich.
- Adalberto’s Mexican Food - Family owned since 1986, Adalberto’s is the place for classic Mexican eats like carnitas tacos, chicken tostadas, and enchiladas. Don’t miss the carne asada fries and loaded breakfast burritos (available all day).
- Luu’s Chicken Bowl - Pick up a teriyaki chicken or beef bowl for a fast and fresh lunch on the go. With three convenient local locations (in Stockton and Manteca), Luu’s is the best spot for healthy Japanese fast food.
- A&W Root Beer - Open in Lodi since 1919, the original A&W restaurant is still the best spot for an icy cold root beer, and classic eats like the bacon cheeseburger or Coney dog. Stop by on Thursday nights all summer long for Cruise Night, complete with great food, music, and family fun.
- Jamba Juice Lodi - Start your day with an all-fruit mango or pomegranate smoothie, or a fresh squeezed orange juice for a dose of vitamin C. Craving something more substantial? Try an energy bowl (Greek yogurt topped with fresh berries, granola, and honey) or breakfast wrap.
Before you hit the road for all this fun, make sure you’re ready to roll in a comfortable, fuel-efficient vehicle. Now is a great time to take advantage of spring deals on new and used cars at Big Valley Ford-Lincoln, Mataga Cadillac-Buick-GMC and Mazda of Stockton.