Information you should bring when buying a car
Last modified on
When you come to The Stockton Auto Mall to look for a new car or truck, there are few things you can do to streamline the process.
Bring the following, in your name:
- Driver’s License
- Proof of auto insurance
- Financial info (bank and credit card account info to fill out credit application)
- Social Security number
Depending on your credit, you may also need the following:
- References (with complete contact info)
- Proof of employment and salary (paycheck stubs, with one less than 30 days old)
- Proof of residence (mortgage document or rental lease agreement)
- Current phone bill (or other utility bill such as gas, electric or water)
- Down Payment
This list is a good place to start, but we recommend that you call one of The Stockton Auto Mall Dealers before you visit. They’ll help you pull together everything you need!